Application has been made for a development of 9 properties between Chipstead Way and Outwood Lane - responses needed to the council by Monday 11 January.
20/02659/F - Land to the rear of 260, 262 And 264 Chipstead Way and to the rear of Kita, Sunnyfields and Paddock, Outwood Lane Chipstead: Redevelopment of the site to deliver 5 detached properties and 4 semi-detached properties with associated landscaping and private gardens, parking and an internal access road.
This application is a proposal for a back-garden development of 9 properties with a new access point onto Chipstead Way, next to the McCarthy & Stone development. The CRA are objecting to this application as it is inappropriate and over development of a back-garden site that does not reflect or complement the local area and has an adverse impact on existing dwellings. Infill development of this type is not characteristic of Chipstead Way.
The key objections are:
(1) Inappropriate, over development of a back-garden site that does not reflect or complement the local area and has an adverse impact on existing dwellings.
(2) The proposed dwellings would have significantly smaller plot sizes and widths than existing dwellings in the immediate surroundings.
(3) Highways danger
(4) Lack of proper parking arrangements for a development of that size
(5) Removal of mature trees and the visual amenity they provide
(6) Noise nuisance and pollution from the creation of a new estate road.
It is the CRA’s view that this proposal would result in a cramped, unduly intense and uncharacteristic form of infill development, harmful and out of character with the grain and surrounding pattern of development. It does not maintain or enhance the built environment or promote or reinforce the local distinctiveness of the area. It creates an unnecessary highways hazard in creating another access/egress point on a well-used road, close to another development access and near the junction with a busy road. This application should be refused.
Deadline for comments is 11 January.
Residents can comment on the RBBC website at planning.reigate-banstead.gov.uk/online-applications. Entering “264 Chipstead Way” in the keyword search box then click on the application and enter comments under “Make a Comment”.
You can also register your comments by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference 20/02659/F.Planning alert