You can examine any of these applications in detail on the planning section of the RBBC website at:http://planning.reigate-banstead.gov.uk/online-applications/search.do?action=advanced
The CRA carries out an assessment of each planning application based upon the information presented on the RBBC website and the planning rules in force at the time. If additional clarification is required, we will contact the RBBC planning officer concerned and/or our local councillor. It is not possible for the CRA to proactively contact individual residents who may be affected by a planning application, so if you have a strong objection or have additional information, please contact the CRA at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. 20/01671/HHOLD – Latham House How Lane Chipstead - Demolition of existing single storey rear extension and construction of single and two storey rear extension with loft conversion. Change of use of existing integral garages to form Family Room and construction of new freestanding double garage.
Comments submitted that additional development in a RASC should respect the style and existing character of the area especially as regards size and location. As such, the addition of a new, free standing double garage at the front of the property would seem to be out of keeping with that character.
2. 20/01623/S73 – Bouverie Road Chipstead – New additional dwelling and access. Variation of Condition 1 of permission 19/01278/F. Minor alterations to the scheme.
Changes include the following : Chimney removed. Over hangs to front elevation removed. Small area infilled at GF & FF level at rear. Change Proposed Plans 02C and replace with Proposed Plans 02D.New timber external deck to the rear at raised ground level, new steps and levelling of upper level to the side of the house.
4. 20/01688/ HHOLD – 7 Vincents Close Chipstead – Erection of single-storey rear extension and minor alterations to existing side/rear extension.
5. 20/01687/F – Proposed upgrade of telecommunications base at Station Approach Chipstead.
6. 20/01687/F – Eveline Stables High Road Chipstead – Garage/Storage shed for equestrian and country management equipment.
7. 20/01817/F – Land at the rear of Uplands Walpole Ave Chipstead – Development of two new four bed detached properties.
Objections submitted on the grounds that the proposed development is inappropriate and over development of a back-garden site in a RASC area that does not reflect or complement the local area and has an adverse impact on existing dwellings. New development must provide an appropriate environment for future occupants but not at the cost of an adverse impact upon the amenity of existing occupants.
8. 20/01801/HH – 5 Old School Mews High Road Chipstead – Single storey rear extension.
9. 264 Chipstead Way – Consultation on demolition and proposed scheme for 17 x 1, 2, 3 & 4 bedroom dwellings with associated gardens, amenity and parking.
The following particular areas of concern were noted with the developer:
(1) The over development of the site out of keeping with the area with adverse impact on the existing occupants.
(2) Potential for an adverse highways impact.
(3) inadequate parking arrangements.
(4) Impact upon mature trees on the site
Outcome of Previous Applications
10. 20/01195/F – Nuthatch Rickman Hill Road - Erection of a single storey two-bedroom dwelling to the rear garden of existing plot, with associated parking and landscaping.
Refused. Development would cause a harmful impact to the character of the area due to sub-division of the plot along with the hard landscaping.
11. 20/01202/HH – Hazeldene Hazelwood Lane Chipstead – New timber external deck to the rear at raised ground level, new steps and levelling of upper level to the side of the house.
12. 20/01120/HHOLD – 100 Outwood Lane Chipstead – Proposed extension and alterations to existing detached garage, carport and room over for ancillary use to the house.
13. 20/00624/HHOLD – 3 Leyfield Mews Elmore Road Chipstead – Amended plans 8/6/20. New rooflights to east and west elevations
14. 19 Woodfield Hill Chipstead Coulsdon – Demolition of a single-family dwelling and erection of 1x 3 and 4 storey block containing 2 x 4-bedroom houses and 4 x 2-bedroom flats and 3 x 3-bedroom detached houses with associated access; car parking; cycle and refuse storage.
Approved. The application went to committee at LB Croydon and was approved by six votes to four. The conclusion was that the proposed development would create good quality residential accommodation that would make a positive contribution to the borough’s housing stock though this development is of course within the Chipstead area.
15. 20/00666/HHOLD – Court Mead Coulsdon Lane – Retrospective application for retention of front wall and entrance gates. Revised plans.
Approved with conditions, these are being followed up with RBBC:
(1) the piers on the wall to be reduced in height to the same height (1.65m) as the main wall and be permanently maintained as such.
(2) a full detailed scheme for the landscaping of the land in front of the wall to include schedules of plants and an implementation and management plan be approved in writing by the LPA.
16. 20/00156/F – Site of former Hedgeside – Plot B – Amendments to plans for a fourth dwelling.
Objections submitted – awaiting decision.
17. 19/00201/S215-3 – Longshaw Stables - Enforcement Action requiring repairs
Awaiting information from RBBC on any further action to be taken.
18. 19/01825/F – Prospect Wells House Outwood Lane Chipstead - Demolition and comprehensive redevelopment of the site for a 3-storey building to provide a mixed-use development comprising a shop (Use Class A1) at ground floor with 10 residential units (Use Class C3) at first and second floors, car parking, landscaping and associated works. Amendments to the layout 3/12/19 and 10/2/2020.
19. 19/01005/HH – 1 Pigeon House Farm White Hill Chipstead – To create a new sole use driveway into our property. Amendments submitted as requested 5/12/2019, 20/1/2020, 9/3/2020
20. 19/00237/CU - Highlands Blackhorse Lane Lower Kingswood - Change of use of the site to accommodate 4 gypsy pitches, each comprising one static caravan and one touring caravan for up to four gypsy families.