Reeves Rest was originally built in 1810 but the Regency building was added to later that century with a Victorian extension, and finally the third Edwardian extension was added. The main house consisted of 14 bedrooms and dressing rooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 reception rooms, a comfortable lounge hall and ample domestic offices. It also had two garages, stabling with men's rooms, and cottages for the gardeners and chauffeurs.
Sir Alfred Ernest Tritton and Lady Agnetta Tritton purchased Reeves Rest in 1922 from Lord Hylton's estate, subsequently moving to Upper Gatton in 1939. During the war Canadian soldiers stayed at the house and reportedly ruined many of its fine internal features including the stair banisters. Latterly the house was divided into three individual dwellings and the cottages and lodge all separately owned.