The Eyhurst estate and farm, located on the high ground between Chipstead Lane and Outwood Lane, dates from Saxon times. The name derives from the Saxon Iw Hurst, meaning a yew wood, and was a major property of Chipstead Manor. In the 1790s the Jolliffe family acquired Chipstead Manor and the Eyhurst estate, but it was subsequently sold to Thomas Alcock in 1843.
The flint faced farmhouse dates from the 18th century, and the imposing mansion of Eyhurst Court was added in 1900, becoming the Lloyds Bank Staff Training College in the 1970s. In the 1990s Eyhurst farm was sold and redeveloped as the Surrey Downs Golf Club, and Eyhurst Court was converted into luxury apartments. The gardens of Eyhurst Court were also substantially re-developed with additional blocks of luxury apartments.